UEA Assassins Society
UEA Assassins Society
UEA Assassins Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UEA Assassins Society

The official Forum For UEA Assassins Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Socials Officer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
River

River

Character sheet
Nicknamme: Klayre
Weapon of Choice:
Kill Points: 6

The Socials Officer Empty
PostSubject: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 am

Daniel Humphreys is your new socials officer
Back to top Go down
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet
Nicknamme: N/A
Weapon of Choice: Foam sword; juggling ball grenades; MHOs.

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 am

Yes, yes I am. *Bows.* Anything I need to do? I'm afraid I didn't prepare a speech.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am

you need to come up with some ideas for socials, and due to equal op's the socials can't all involve alcohol
Back to top Go down
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:53 am

Gotcha. I've got a few ideas, I'm gonna think them through then post them up here.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 am

awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Nicknamme:
Weapon of Choice:
Kill Points: 5

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 am

Dave, Timothy, Alexander and I met up on Wednesday, we came up with some ideas for the socials

-pub crawl
-lazerquest
-meal.

we're going to leave you completely in charge of the socials from this point on, though if you could arrange on in the next month that'd be fantastic.

Due to equal opportunities rules within the university, not all of the socials can be held in pubs in case people a opposed to being near alcohol.

do you have the login info for socweb and the email account? you'll need those to send mass socials emails.

-Klayre

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i hadn't realised i was on the admin account >.<)
Back to top Go down
https://ueaasssoc.forumotion.com
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:24 am

I'll get on it. I would have floated some ideas for a social before the first game but I've been pretty horrendously ill. >.> Am currently at home for the weekend, but will be back today and have some ideas together by the end of the first game.

I know we can't do bar crawls etc. for everything, but I presume we can do some? In which case we could have a 'cloak and dagger' themed costume night starting in the Union Bar and ending in town? If we plan ahead, I can contact clubs etc. and see if we can get group discounts, queue jump, whatever.

Lazerquest sounds good - do you have a link or phone number I can chase up to look at prizes?

One idea I had was an assassin themed treasure hunt, either on campus or in Norwich. We could either make a list of increasingly obscure themed items to acquire within a time limit, or (this would be more difficult) set up treasure trails. It could be played in teams of three or four. What do you think?

Also, paintball, anyone? Might be expensive but if numbers are good there's often group discounts.

I'll keep thinking and send out a SocWeb message once I've proposed dates and such.

EDIT: Could also play a variant game over the course of a day or two, off the points system, in which a particular object has to be captured and held by a team, who then defend it from the others who will be trying to steal it by killing the carrier. Said object should, of course, be unwieldy and obvious. Possibly some kind of brightly painted cardboard box. I think I've explained that quite badly, but it's an idea at any rate.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:42 am

oh dear :S hope you're feeling better now?

yes, we can do pub / bar crawls, we just can't do them for everything Smile

laser quest:
17-19 St Stephens Rd
Norwich, NR1 3SP
01603 624 213 ( think, that's what google tells me at any rate)

a tresure hunt could indeed be cool

we did think about paint ball the only issue is if it's far away we'd have to get people tested to use the mini busses unless we booked a coach or went via public transport.

so like a capture the flag type thing?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:58 am

Kind of like capture the flag, except you score points for keeping hold of the object as opposed to bringing it back to a base. Alternatively, capture the flag is also fun.

Will look into pub crawl/meal for first social? Figure they are good ways to get to know people.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 am

capture the flag was just the closest named thing i could think of, lol

i think probably a good old fashioned pub crawl would be a good bet for starters.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:14 am

Me too. How about a week on Thursday, ending at Mercy?

Also, do I negotiate this with the union at all?
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 am

sorry,

didn't see your message till just now, next thursday sounds good, though you might want to get an idea of the number of people who's want to go to mercy, as the place isn't for everyone (another idea might be a saturday ending at the waterfront, though deffinately not this satuday as i'm not sure how many people would be up for EBM Razz)
Back to top Go down
MerreM

MerreM

Character sheet
Nicknamme:
Weapon of Choice: Nerf Maverick
Kill Points: 20

PostSubject: Pub crawl ftw.   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:54 am

May I suggest a pub crawl? Perhaps down Dereham road, preferably ending at the waterfront....Would be good, I would like to meet more of the people I am meant to be avoiding/killing.
Also my house mates would like to play in the next game if that's ok...there's three of them...
Anyhow, catch you later
Mike.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:25 am

we'll discuss a social tomorrow at the committee meeting, will you be at the waterfront this saturday?

can you get them to email the assassins email with their email addresses names and student numbers plz
Back to top Go down
Dan
Committee
Committee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Apologies for not being very active with SocWeb etc. in terms of finding out what people would like to do. This week is essay week for Lit. and I'm a bit buried; pressure will be off by Monday but I am working diligently on the socials in the background. ^^ Or at least, trying.
Back to top Go down
River

River

Character sheet
Weapon of Choice:

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:47 pm

he he, 's fine Dan, we all have deadlines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Socials Officer   The Socials Officer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Socials Officer
Page 1 of 1